Mar 23, 2015

We're Kitchen Up!

We finished the floors just in time! The last coat of polyurethane went on around midnight, and the kitchen guys showed up at 9:30 am!


We applied the the polyurethane using a "T-bar" and lambskin roller which worked really well. Jake went ahead of me and poured it on with a watering can and I just kept "pulling" a puddle as I walked. 
This morning we noticed a couple of spots that will need to be sanded down and touched up, but not too bad considering how exhausted we were applying the final coat!


The finish is SO beautiful and it's hard to believe that we did this!  We love them! They're better than I'd imagined them to be, but everything I had hoped for! 

Before the kitchen guys got here this morning we laid down some Tank Board we bought at Home Depot to protect the floors as much as possible. It's basically a thick piece of cardstock/cardboard. 


Just as we finished putting the Tank Board down the truck I've been waiting 6 months to arrive backed in! OUR KITCHEN!!!!


 They started bringing all the pieces in and I wanted to jump up and down I was so excited!



The kitchen started to take shape pretty quickly! 





The pantry/desk wall got started today, although it's not exactly what we were expecting. We wanted the microwave hidden in the pantry, but it ended up being showcased in a pantry... We're going to discuss options to change or hide that tomorrow morning. I hate dealing with this stuff... I always feel bad. But at the same time, it's not what we wanted. 


See the opening in the middle? It's where the microwave goes, which is fine. I'd just prefer to have it behind closed doors. 

This is the drawing, and I love the symmetry. 


We also got the first glimpse of the island colour today too! Jeff, the "kitchen guy" admitted to me today that he thought I was crazy for picking it for any cabinetry let alone the center of our kitchen. But now that he's seen it, he likes it. Or at least he says he does ;)

We love it, and that's all that matters! It's very subtle, and looks almost white. Not the best picture, but you'll be able to see it more once it's installed!


Our bathroom vanity install has begun as well. 


They'll all be Benjamin Moore "Pewter".

Looking forward to the progress tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment