Jan 13, 2015

It's almost time to decorate!!

Our goal when we first decided to move was to find space. Jake wanted space for a detached garage/workshop. I didn't want to move into a smaller house than what I'm in now. And I didn't want to move into a step down just for more grass either. I love my current house. I built it (with a builder) and I picked everything the way I wanted it. I made upgrades, and after 2.5 years, I wouldn't change a thing. Our neighbours are by far THE BEST. I can't even put it into words how great this neighborhood is. From day one, we've been included in beer pong nights, Halloween and New Years parties, Fires and BBQs. You need help with something? Or borrow a tool? Someone on this street would be willing to help you out in a heart beat, if not sooner! Our kids play together... And sometimes go missing at each other's houses (sorry!!).  They spoil us by letting the dog out in the middle of the night while we're at work. Where else can you get this?!  I moved into a town where I knew practically no one, and it became home. I've actually never felt more at home as I have here. I'm really going to miss it!!

Anyway... Where was I going with this post?! :)

When we started looking at houses way back when, I could imagine how I'd renovate and decorate it almost immediately after walking through the door. I was excited to decorate!!

With this house, I have spent so much time focusing on the bones, that I've spent very little time thinking about all the finishing touches!  Can you believe that I don't even know where to put my couch?! Eek! This is so not like me. 

We've narrowed down paint colours. We're using Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace for all trim. It's the same colour as our kitchen perimeter cabinets. 


Our walls will be Benjamin Moore Barely There. It's an off white with a grayish tinge. That's right, every single wall in the house will be the same colour. Sounds boring... But just wait :)


We picked a fairly plain door and thanks to Houzz, I'm feeling adventurous and am painting them Benjamin Moore Raccoon Fur. 


Our doors are called Maddison by Jeldwen. They have a very plain, yet retro look to me. 


Wide awake on Sunday night at 2am (thanks to a snow plow!) I bought our first "decorations" for the house. 
Since our bedrooms are all going to have hardwood flooring I wanted to get some large area rugs. But 8x10 rugs are expensive!
I have an 8x10 rug in my house now that I bought online from Urban Outfitters and it was $200. I thought that was as cheap as I was ever going to find one so I went to that site again. I hit the jackpot!! I got 3 8x10 rugs for $212!! Amazing!

The girls rooms will be painted the same colour as every other room, but their ceiling is going to be painted Benjamin Moore Jamaican Aqua. 


Ta-da! Finally some excitement!
And they both got the same 8x10 rug. 

 
For $50!!! I wanted to wake Jake up I was so excited!!
I'm going to paint a couple of chandeliers a really bright turquoise as well and their beds will be painted either bright yellow or bright peach/pink. 

Tatum in her new room!

Rylan in hers!

The 3rd rug I bought is gold/burnt yellow. I haven't decided if it should go in the great room to add some colour with my black couch or in our room. 

$100!! If you need rugs, go now!! 

Our room will have a black iron bed... Eventually. It was a kijiji find and it's currently green!  And the inspiration for our room is a wool Hudson's Bay Pointe Blanket. 


Our bedrooms are almost taken care of... Now to get my mind working on the rest of the house!










3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely correct in saying that you currently live in the BEST NEIGHBOURHOOD EVER, and you are leaving that. For what? A big fancy house? Pffft.
    When you want to play beer pong, where are you going to go now? Need a tool? You might as well just buy them all because who are you going to borrow it from? In the mood for "kidnapping" a child? It's not going to be mine!
    Your new house sucks. (... and in sucls I mean is gorgeous but I'm have some pent up rage from you moving, so, I'm just mad and it sucks!) - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, is that ugly boring colour you picked out going in the basement too? Because if it's going in the Leesbian room, I don't like it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog! i was just wondering what you guys planned to use to plow snow and do work around the property? thanks!

    ReplyDelete